Highline College Students

Connect with Highline College

Summer and fall quarter enrollment has begun! See enrollment dates and class schedules.

December 18, 2023: Vice President of Student Services Selection

Home/23-24, President Message/December 18, 2023: Vice President of Student Services Selection
2024-05-02T18:29:50+00:00 Print Page

Good afternoon Highline College,

After several years, multiple searches, and even a global pandemic, I am pleased to announce I have selected Dr. Jamilyn Penn to serve as our next Vice President for Student Services.  Dr. Penn’s strategic vision, proven leadership, and dedication to the success of our students are just a few reasons why I am confident she will effectively serve Highline College permanently in this role.

After meeting with each finalist, reviewing open forum survey responses, soliciting feedback from several campus stakeholder groups, and upon reviewing information submitted by our search committee, I believe strongly that maintaining Dr. Penn in this role is the clear choice for the ongoing success of our campus community.  I would like to commend our other finalists for all the time and effort throughout this process.  I was extremely impressed by the caliber of our other two finalists.  Both Dean Dampeer and Assistant Dean Dickerson brought unique perspectives for consideration in this role, and I am confident they will continue to excel as leaders in Higher Education.

I would also like to recognize the efforts of our search committee, led by Vice President Josh Gerstman. The search committee spent countless hours throughout fall quarter reviewing applications, interviewing applicants, and preparing the campus for our open forums.  Without their labor  and dedication, none of this would have been possible.  Please join me in thanking the entire committee for their work: Kimberly Wangari, Natalie Bjorge, Michael St. John, Audra Lord, Daryllyn Harris, Nikolay Barkov, Rhiannon Hillman, Gum-Lai Ross, and Ay Saechao. And many thanks to Mariya Matyash and Steve Sloniker in Human Resources for their assistance in this process.

Lastly, please join me in congratulating Dr. Penn in her permanent role as our Vice President for Student Services!

Be well, thank you and happy holidays!

John

John R. Mosby, Ph.D. (he/him)

President

Highline College

jmosby@highline.edu